Doctor Office Thoughts
Have you ever decided to be deliberate about your wait at the doctor’s office?
Of course, you may be reviewing your questions or medications. You might be scrolling through your phone as a distraction.
But what if you chose to think a few of these self-appreciating thoughts?
- I cared enough about myself to show up today.
- These minutes at the doctor are not wasted.
- I feel proud that I show up for my physical health.
- I am the steward of my body, and I am taking care of it.
- This is not fun, convenient, or comfortable, but then again many important life tasks aren’t.
- I am broken and whole at the same time.
- I love myself and my body despite all the imperfections.
- My pain reminds me I’m alive.
- Good on me for being here today.
- So many other fellow humans are doing this same thing today.
- I’m going to smile at the next patient who walks in the door.
- I am not to blame for this illness, but I am responsible to take care of my body as best I can.
- I’m a champion for being here today!!!!
Validating yourself in these moments is important. You have been to the doctor’s before and you’ll be there again.
So tread lightly, my love. Walk out of this office today a little better off emotionally than when you arrived. You deserve it!